||“It gives me great satisfaction helping clients achieve their goals, solve problems and being a trusted advisor and friend.”
Mike specializes in personal financial planning, retirement planning and estate planning. Additionally, Mike provides tax services to individuals, estates and trusts.
- Practitioner in the accounting industry since 1973
- Partner, Little & Trank, CPAs and owner Michael Trank, CPA (acquired by Corbin & Wertz in 1999)
- Partner, Corbin & Wertz, Irvine (Reorganized in 2003 to form Wertz & Company, LLP)
- Director, Wertz & Company, LLP, Irvine
Education & Credentials
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant, State of California (1978)
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with emphasis in Accounting, California State University, Long Beach
- Masters of Business Administration in Taxation, Golden Gate University, San Francisco
- Certificate of Educational Achievement in Personal Financial Planning, American Institute of CPAs
- Accredited Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) (1991)
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountant
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants and CalCPA Statewide Personal Financial Planning Committee
- Member and Past President of the Orange County Estate Planning Council
- Past President and Board of Directors Member, Irvine Valley College Foundation
- Member and past Treasurer and Board of Trustee’s Member, Congregation Shir Ha-Ma’alot.
- Past Board of Directors Member, Families Forward
- Married to Terry for over 40 years, has 2 grown daughters.
- Enjoys acoustic guitar, hiking and outdoors activities, home coffee roasting, photography and travel