||“It gives me great satisfaction helping clients achieve their goals, solve problems and being a trusted advisor and friend.”
Mike has the overall responsibility for the firm’s Wealth Advisory services. Mike specializes in personal financial planning, retirement planning, investment strategy and estate planning. Additionally, Mike provides tax services to individuals, estates and trusts.
- Practitioner in the accounting industry since 1973
- Partner, Little & Trank, CPAs and owner Michael Trank, CPA (acquired by Corbin & Wertz in 1999)
- Partner, Corbin & Wertz, Irvine (Reorganized in 2003 to form Wertz & Company, LLP)
- Director, Wertz & Company, LLP, Irvine
Education & Credentials
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant, State of California (1978)
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with emphasis in Accounting, California State University, Long Beach
- Masters of Business Administration in Taxation, Golden Gate University, San Francisco
- Certificate of Educational Achievement in Personal Financial Planning, American Institute of CPAs
- Accredited Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) (1991)
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountant
- Member, California Society of Certified Public Accountants and CalCPA Statewide Personal Financial Planning Committee
- Active member of Congregation Shir Ha-Ma’alot
- Member and Past President of the Orange County Estate Planning Council
- Past President and Board of Directors Member, Irvine Valley College Foundation
- Past Treasurer and Board of Trustee’s Member, Congregation Shir Ha-Ma’alot.
- Past Board of Directors, Member Families Forward
- Married to Terry for over 37 years, has 2 grown daughters.
- Enjoys acoustic guitar, hiking and outdoors activities, home coffee roasting, photography and travel